Holiday Distracted Driving: Practice Road Safety this Season
Holiday events and celebrations can be an exciting time to hit the road for a “get together” with family and friends. However, thanks to distracted driving, alcohol, and other factors, the period between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day is one of the most dangerous times for travelers, often turning holiday celebrations into tragedies when people are killed or injured in traffic crashes.
With New Years Eve approaching, motorists need to be mindful of actions that will make their holiday travel safer. Drivers can protect themselves and their passengers by following these holiday safety rules and hopefully not have to call a Car Wreck Attorney in Mobile, Alabama.
- Before beginning any trip, have your vehicle tuned up and make sure it’s in good shape for travel. This is especially important for winter driving conditions. Vehicle safety changes based on the weather around it. If you are not sure what all to check, take your vehicle to your local service department.
- Make sure you and everyone in the car is properly wearing their seat belts and riding correctly in car safety seats. Remember, the rear seat is the safest place for children of any age to ride. Being on the road for long periods can cause some passengers to move their safety belt or even remove it. Make sure you check frequently to assure proper use.
- Have flexibility in your travel plans. Having flexibility allows for unexpected events that may arise in different areas. This gives you plenty of time to reach your destination and not feel rushed. Rushed driving causes more accidents.
- Stay fresh and alert when driving. Take plenty of breaks and do not push yourself to meet an unrealistic schedule. If you get tired, pull off the road.
- Don’t speed and follow all traffic safety/driving rules. Use the correct lanes, signals, and other driving courtesies to notify other drivers of your intentions.
- Lastly, don’t drink and drive and do not use your cell phone while driving.
Holiday Distracted Driving: When You Need a Car Wreck Lawyer in Mobile, Alabama
Even if you follow all of the above advice and precautions, sometimes an accident can still happen due to no fault of your own. In the event you need a reliable Car Wreck Lawyer in Mobile, Alabama after a holiday distracted driving accident, the team at Taylor Martino has over 30 years experience fighting cases on behalf of victims. If you or a loved one were harmed due to holiday distracted driving, we offer a free consultation where victims can meet with one of our experienced car wreck lawyers in Mobile, AL to evaluate your options. Contact us today at 1-800-256-7728 or here on our website.